Thursday, November 29, 2007

Day Forty-Three...Contemplations

Ok, so I know that I just finished my degree. And, I promised myself I would take a break. And, I'm planning on that. But, I must admit...I miss doing homework and learning. I've found a few colleges that have doctorate programs in Deaf Ed or related fields. I am very interested in pursuing my doctorate. I've come this far...I want to go all the way. Right now, the only way I could even CONSIDER doing that is if I could get full financial aid. The likelihood is that I'd have to take out more student loans. Right now, I have over $85k in student loans to begin paying off. That alone is going to kill me financially...especially if I have to continue subbing. I couldn't even consider continuing on unless I get full financial aid...grants, scholarships, etc.

Well, this is just the preliminary inquiry and I won't jump into anything without seeking wise counsel...

But, I do feel like God is leading me down that path...or at least inviting me to explore the idea.

We'll see...

3 comments:

Chuck said...

Congratulations on your achievement(s), and thanks for the link (and comments!).

Feel free to peruse the rest of the Strawn "Rattlings". :)

Chuck said...

I've got guesses... JW?

La Moob said...

Oh your mom's face when you said that...*giggle*