Monday, February 11, 2008

Day Sixty-Four...I'm Sick

I've been sick for the last week. Monday evening, I had a bit of a scratchy throat, but I took some airborne and zicam. I felt better Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday, I started feeling a little worse. So, I went to the doctor. He told me I just had a cold and to drink some warm tea and lemon. He did give me an inhaler for my breathing, but basically patted me on the head and sent me on my way. Well, I got home and told Moob about it. She said, "I hope you didn't get the guy who has one who has one of his eyes looking sideways. He's the one that misdiagnosed my severely inflamed gall bladder as just pooh." Uh...yeah, that was him!

So, Friday I felt horrible! I had a runny nose, itchy throat, cough, fever, watery eyes. Oh, yeah, did I mention the fact I was wheezing? And, my joints ached and I was SO sore! So, I came home and pretty much went right to bed. I slept from 7:30 on Friday night to 12:30 on Saturday afternoon. Mom called to check up on me and woke me up. She said I should go to the doctor and get a 2nd opinion. So, I did. This doctor, whom I've had before, said I had an infection in my lungs. He gave me a nebulizer treatment with albuterol, then prescribed steroids for the inflamation and infection. So, I took the meds and immediately felt better. Well, at least the body aches were gone and the fever was down. I was able to get up on Sunday at about 10 and work all day on my lesson plans for this coming week.

Fast forward to this morning at 5:00. I woke up and the body aches were back. I should have listened to my body yesterday and taken a nap. I didn't make it in to work today. Fortunately, I have sick days I can use. After this time of year, I'll be fine and won't need many of them.

So, I'm working more on my lesson plans for next week and the following weeks. It's very fun getting all of this together. I have to present some of my lessons to the Articulation Coordinator at Seattle Central Community College in order to become an Approved Educator for the SCCC/High School Credit Program. That is where students who take my classes, do some extra Deaf Community and Interaction activities, and earn a B or better, can get college credit and not have to take the prerequisites when they get to college. So, that's why I have to get my lessons together. I have an appointment with the coordinator on February 21...that's during my mid-winter break.

Ok...I'm taking a break from the computer for a while. I've sprouted roots into the couch.

1 comment:

La Moob said...

Is that what smells in here then? The roots? lol