Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Day Ninety-Five...Back to Work Tomorrow

So, here's the update on my job situation. I had my meeting with HR and my union rep last Monday. The principal didn't want me back. That stung. But, I did hear from my department head that he never wanted an ASL program at the high school in the first place. Figures. But, the district wanted to honor the contract we had, so the HR woman said I would be working with a current district teacher in a self-contained special education classroom. That way, I would still get my salary (just a little less than my normal salary because of all the unpaid time off) through the end of August and benefits through the end of September. Well, I was SUPPOSED to hear from her last week Tuesday afternoon. She was SUPPOSED to find a job for me for last week Wednesday. She didn't. I had to cancel substitute jobs for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday because she told me I would go back to work on Wednesday. I didn't.

I heard from her today. I'm going to a middle school in north Renton. Which is OK with me. I won't get off as early as I did at the high school, but not as late as the elementary schools. So, I start tomorrow at 10am. I meet with the principal at the school at 10am. Then, I imagine I start working that day. Maybe, I'll just meet the principal and the teacher, get to see the kids and then start working on Thursday. That'd be cool.

On the home front, I've been sleeping with my mask now for about a week and I can definitely tell a difference. I have WAY the heck more energy than I've EVER had. In fact, I got up the other day and worked for about 3 hours with Grey Cloak in the new bedrooms, taping and mudding. I've NEVER done that before. I give out after about 30 minutes because I'm JUST exhausted. It's been hard to just get up and go to work every day. Now, I'm actually excited to go back to work and see how much more I can accomplish with the new energy.

Speaking of the new bedrooms, we're almost done. The walls are up. The floor is down. The windows are in. Nearly all the seams have been taped and mudded. Moob and I are planning to finish up the taping and mudding this week so we can sand and texture this weekend. Then, once the texturing is done and dried (about 2-3 days), we can paint. Once that is dried, we can lay the carpet and move Olorin downstairs. Then, we can paint the upstairs room that Olorin was in so Moob can move in there. Then, we can paint Moob's old room so the new roomie can move in.

Hmmm...I have to give her and her son names.

Brb...

Orangeblossom Bulge of Great Smials (new roomie)

and

Mungo Hamwich of Buckleberry Fern (new roomie's son)

Fitting...for both of them! Hee hee!

Ok, so once Orangeblossom and Mungo move in, we'll have 4 adults, 2 kids, 1 kid-to-be, 3 dogs, 2 cats and 2 turtles. Whew! That's a houseful! But, it'll be SO much fun!

1 comment:

La Moob said...

I sooooooooooo don't want to go in there and mud today. Just tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiired. You guys will be lucky to get dinner at this rate. ;)