Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Day Ninety-Three...Many Things On My Mind

1) Tomorrow, the 14th, Millyra goes away to 5th grade camp for 3 days. I'm a little weirded out by my feelings about it. She's not my birth child, but...I'm feeling a little weird about not havng her around for 3 days. I'm already thinking about her coming home with wonderful stories. I miss her already...and she's not even gone yet! Strange!

2) I still haven't heard from the district about my job. It's been a week and a half since I was given the all-clear by my doctor to return to work. The district seems to be dragging their feet. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE the fact that I'm on paid leave. But, my kids, unless they've found a sub who knows ASL, are missing out on their education.

3) I had an interview today at a private school for the deaf near my home (about 25 minutes south of where I live). It was an awkward interview. Well, actually, the interview went VERY well. It's for a Teacher of the Deaf position, but it's in a Signed Exact English program, whereas most my my adult experience and education is from an ASL program. So, part of me felt like a "traitor to the cause", but the majorty of me felt good about the possibilities it opens for me. It will allow me to work with professionals in the field. It will allow me to gain another year experience. It's a paycheck! And, the school is small enough that the administration are deeply involved in th3e classrooms...I like that. They'd like to make a decision by the end of this month.

4) Moob and I worked out for 75 minutes today. We rode 15 minutes on the stationary bike, walked 30 minutes on the treadmill, and did the weight circuit for 30 minutes. I don't hurt, but by ab muscles are a little unhappy with me.

5) I suck at managing my money. First, I mixed up the bank cards between my personal account and the household account, so I spent my $75 of grocery money on mother's day gifts and last minute ingredients for dinner. Second, I've been off work for going on 5 weeks, 3 of which were unpaid. I'm not sure, but I think I'll have a VERY tiny paycheck at the end of this month. I don't know if I'll have enough to pay my rent. I can call payroll tomorrow and find out. I MIGHT get the economic stimulus payment on Friday, but I don't know if I qualify for sure. If I get it, that will be a minimum of $300. I hope I get the $600.

6) I ran over someone's chihuahua today. On my way to the interview, I was on the highway, cruising at about 45 miles an hour with lots of traffic, when, literally out of no-where, this little chihuahua comes BOLTING onto the highway. I had seconds to react. I slammed on my breaks in an effort to avoid him, but looked back and realized the dude behind me was going to hit me. I couldn't afford that (though I'm insured, I can't be without a vehicle for work...when I go back). So, I let off the break and swerved my best to avoid a hit from both ends...but the dog was running at an angle. I busted right over him...it made me sick. It still makes me sick...

7) I should be in bed sleeping right now (1:15 am), but, of course, I can't sleep. I could have been in bed by 9 or so...well, even when Moob went to bed (11:00), I could have gone at the same time. But, instead, I watched a little TV, came up to bed and have been laying here for an hour. I'm tired, but every time I close my eyes, my mind starts to race.

8) Moob and I are scheduled to work out again tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it on one hand. But on the other (I'm still awake at 1:15 in the morning) hand, I'm dreading it. Maybe we can go later in the day...that might help.

9) I've applied for Financial Aid with the government. I submitted my FAFSA yesterday and it was processed today. My Expected Family Contribution is $0.00! That's awesome! Now, I just have to figure out how to apply for aid through the college. Generally, non-matriculated (not pursuing a degree) students don't get financial aid. So, I have an email in to the financial aid office. The deadline for summer application is May 15, so...

10) I think I'm done...

No comments: