Sunday, June 8, 2008

Day Ninety-Seven...I Can't Sleep!

So, I thought I'd write down some of the things on my mind so hopefully I'll get tired and go to sleep...sincei have to be up at the butt-crack of dawn tomorrow for work!

1) I have an interview for a summer Nanny/Companion/Tutor job about 15 minutes away from my house. It will be for an 11-year old girl who loves swimming. tennis, horse-back riding and other activities. In fact, the family owns horses that they board up north. Part of my job will be to drive her there a few days a week to ride. She's also dyslexic. She has school during the summer for about an hour, and also some reading homework to do so she doesn't regress (lose the progress she's made already), but other than that, it's an open day for her. It will be perfect for both of us. I may even be able to take Millyra with me and the two of them can play together...or we can all go to the zoo or aquarium or park or...wherever Millyra has come up with for our "to-do" list!

So, I'm meeting with the mother and daughter...and possibly her father...tomorrow at 6. I'm not at all nervous...except for when they see my size. Many people assume that because I'm fat, I'm not active. I am active as muc as I can be. And, since I've gotten my sleeping more under control, I have a LOT more energy to do things. Ayway, that's kinda concerning me. I did tell her I was overweight, but I belonged to the Y and am trying to lose some weight.

2) I only have 2 more weeks of school left. I have Monday through Friday of this week, then Monday through half of Friday next week. Then it's SUMMER BREAK! I'm so excited! And, even though I have to work, I get to choose the job because I get my salary through August.

3) I sent a thank-you card to the princpal with whom I interviewed last week...for the ASL job. I really want to stand out.

4) The second ASL job closes tomorrow. It's also a .8 FTE at a different high school. I would take that one if they offered it to me.

5) I REALLY want the DHH job. I've been "obsessing" about it since the day I saw it posted. It's hard to not get my hopes up...I'm a realist, but I'm also full of self-doubt when it comes to my abilities.

6) I'm really concerned about Dilibririth. I've been researching the Lap Band weight loss surgery. I have her almost convinved to do it. We're actually all going to an informational seminar on Tuesday to learn more about it.

7) I'm kinda hungry...

8) I'm getting sleepy...

9) Veeeeeeeery sleepy...

10) G'nite!

No comments: