Friday, June 13, 2008

Day Niney-Nine...I Got Accepted!

I'm going back to school! Yes, yes I am! I'm getting a second BA in English, as well as my endorsement in English/Language Arts. So, hopefully, I'll be starting classes on June 23rd. Maybe. I was admitted on a "late admit", so I'm not sure if I'll start on the first day or not. I hope I do.

I'm hoping to take 2 classes on campus, and one online. The online will be Spanish. It's an immersion class. It'll be cool! The on-campus classes will be American Literature: Contemporary America and Special Studies in Literature: The Perils of Presence.

In the fall, I should be taking a full load in the evenings...I havent' quite figured out which ones I'm going to take. I have the option to take the following classes:

COMM 340 History of Mass Communication
COMM 201 Introduction to Communication I
COMM 202 Introduction to Communication II
ENGL 302 Critical Practice
ENGL 333 English Novel - Early and Middle 19t Century
ENGL 330 English Literature - The Romantic Age
ENGL 352 American Literature - The Early Nation
ENGL 353 American Literature - Later Nineteenth Century

For the Winter and Spring, I have the choice of the following classes:

Intro to Linguistic Thought
American Literatyre - The Colonial Period
American Literature - Later Nineteenth Century
Women Writers
The Composition Process
Reading Major Texts
Traditions in American Fiction
Rise of the English Novel
Early Novel: Early and Middle 19th Century
American Literatyre - Contemporary America
History of Film: 1960 - Present
Senior Seminar
Elementary Spanish II

I only have to take a total of 45 credits. So, that means with the 15 credits I'm taking, I only have to be in school for 3 quarters, meaning I'll graduate in Winter of 2008.

But, I may just continue through Spring and get a few extra credits. We'll see. I do want to take 2 years of Spanish. That would be very cool...

No comments: