Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Day One-Hundred-One...I Fell Asleep!

I've been quite tired the last few weeks with the remodeling going on. Then, last night, Moob and Orangeblossom came home just as I was going to head to bed. Well, we hadn't talked all day, so I thought I'd stay up a little and catch up with them. An hour-and-a-half later, I finally went to bed...about 12:30. Mind you, that would be fine if I were on summer break. Wait, I AM on summer break, but I'm working. I get to hang out with Iris Burrows this summer! She's totally awesome, but that's another post.

So, I had to get up at 6:30 so I could be to Iris's house by 7:30 or so to get her to a class. I did. Her class is an hour long. I went up to the parking lot of QFC and started reading. I set my alarm to go off at 8:45 so I'd have 15 minutes to get back and pick her up. Well...I fell asleep reading Virginia Woolf's Mrs. Dalloway. It's a hard book to follow, so it took a LOT of brain power. So, like I said, I fell asleep.

Needless to say, I over slept! I woke myself up at 9:30! I was 30 minutes late getting Iris at school! ARGH! Fortunately, she had somewhere safe to stay. We now have each others cell numbers if something happens again. I pray it won't, but just in case!

So, tonight, I'm going to bed early! I need to catch up on my ZZZ's!

2 comments:

La Moob said...

K so I am cracking the holy hell up here...did you tell her you fell asleep or call it an "accident" that prevented you from being there? lol

I promise: tonight we will encourage you to GO TO BED!! How about this Fri nite us three go out for coffee or something (AZTECA lol) and hash out the house deets?

Alatariel Anwamane said...

I told her I fell asleep! I was less than a mile away! It was on 176th in Lynnwood. I fell asleep in the QFC parking lot. I sat in the sun to keep warm, but I just couldn't keep my peepers open! LOL!

Friday night for dinner sounds good! Can't wait!