Thursday, September 27, 2007

Day Nineteen...Really Early in the Morning

It's 2:24 in the morning and I can't sleep. I went to bed about 11, knowing I had to get up by 5:30 to sub tomorrow...uh, I mean today...and all I could do was lay there. I tossed and turned until about midnight. Then, I realized I had a bit of a headache and body aches so I took a pain pill and rolled over, tried to get comfy and go to sleep. And, I just laid there...some more. Then at about 1:30 (I guess), I got an email from both the subdesk and the teacher for whom I was scheduled to sub tomorrow...uh, today...saying that it was a half day for the high school and that they wouldn't need me after all. Which is fine in a way because I can do some homework and actually, possibly, gain some headway on this major assignment. It's kinda stinky in a way because I was excited about finally getting into a classroom again. It's been a LONG time and I was really looking forward to it. And, I don't get paid to do homework...there is that! So, I came downstairs to get something to drink and decided I would look online at the other districts to see if there was anything I could do instead...nuthin'...so, I figured while I was online, I'd blog a little. Maybe get some of the thoughts running through my head out so I can sleep.

Random Thought One...

I just finished writing a song. I know that was going through my head. I don't have the words right now, but I'll write them down later. They're upstairs in my phone. I've had the words for a few days...well, I've had the chorus for about 2 weeks, but just finished the rest of the lyrics about 2 days ago. I've been toying with a melody, but I wasn't sure if it was something I was remembering from another song. But, tonight it all came together. It's a very cool song. I'm going to see if my cousin (who is in Texas right now, but who is also an AMAZING musician) can help me put it together. I know what it is supposed to sound like in my head, but whether that'll sound good to those with WAY better hearing/musical perception than me, who knows! I think it'll sound best picked on a guitar, but...we'll see.

Random Thought Two...

I'm one assignment away from being completely finished with my grad school classes. I have to write a research paper on Educational Interpreters (tough subject, I know!) and distill it into a presentation I would make for parents or staff/faculty at a school at which I may teach. I have to put my research into layman's terms in order to effectively get others on board with equal access and providing the best education we can for our DHH students. I've abstracted all 8 of my articles, now I have to pull them all together along with my website information, and make my paper. I estimate it'll be about 10-15 pages before it's complete...which won't be THAT big of a paper. I can usually crank out papers of that size fairly quickly. It'll be the citation, bibliography and annotation that will kick my butt.

Random Thought Three...

I have heartburn and acid reflux...blech!

Random Thought Four...

I get my truck fixed on Saturday! YAY! I haven't driven it since December because I couldn't find the Idaho title to have it transferred to a Washington title and re-tabbed. Also, it was having problems when I went up hills. It would cut out like I was running out of gas, but I have plenty of gas in it. So, dad put a new fuel filter in and that SEEMED to fix the issue, but then the tabs expired so I couldn't drive it anymore until I got a replacement title from Idaho. Finally that came, but then I had no money to fix it any further (it has needed a tune up since I got it in October of 2005!) or transfer the title and re-tab it (upwards of $100). Well, my most awesomest, gracious, giving parents decided they could loan me the money to get the 3-day pass to have it street-legal to drive, enough for the emissions testing and repairs if needed if it doesn't pass, as well as for the title transfer and tabs. I really miss my Simon! That's the name that was given to my truck before I got him, so...once someone's been named, it has to be changed legally...and I don't want to! It fits his personality!

Random Thought Five...

I bet the PUD bill is going to go through the roof this winter. We moved into this house in February and really only ran the heat for a few months...then it's just been the fan until about a week ago. Now, we have it set at 68 during the evening and 70 during the day. I don't mind it cold, but Moob, Olorion and Millyra get colder than do I, so, we compromise and they get the heat! Not that I mind...I just can't wait to be here a year so they can put us on the budget plan and we'll have equal payments throughout the year. That'll be nice...easier to budget for.

Random Thought Six...

I really need to clean my room. It's kinda messy. I still have things in boxes that haven't been unpacked since we moved in...8 months ago. I think it's time.

Random Thought Seven...

I hope our landlady gives us an extended lease. That's something that's been bothering me. Not too much, but I tend to only stay in places for less than a year or so...it's been 8 months. I don't want to bother getting used to living here, then in 4 months be told I have to move again. I would SCREAM! Ultimately, I'd love to buy this house with Moob. We could do it with our combined incomes (provided I have work with subbing or get a permanent teaching job) and our mortgage wouldn't be much higher (if at all) than what we're paying now. And, with me being a teacher, I should qualify for some good deals on 1st time home buyer plans, like $0 down or 0% interest or something like that. Anyway, it would be nice to have a 3-5 year lease at least on this house. That would give us 3-5 years to make sure our finances are in shape enough, as well as 3-5 years to save for a down payment, to afford this house. Millyra wouldn't have to change schools and/or districts again...which would be a BIG bonus for her! We wouldn't have to spend the money on 1st/last and deposit for another house/apartment (God forbid!). It would be guaranteed income for our landlady. And, if she considers it, we may be able to do a lease-option where a portion of the rent goes toward a down payment, even if just a small amount. Anyway, I think it would be a good idea for all concerned.

Random Thought Eight...

I'm running out of random thoughts!

Random Thought Nine...

I keep spelling random "r-a-m-d-o-n"...I think it's time for bed.

Random Thought Ten...

Zzzzzzzzzzz Zzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: