Sunday, September 30, 2007

Day Twenty-One...A Change

Well, I've gone to the dark side. No, I don't mean the rebellion, but I do mean dark! I decided I needed a change of appearance to go with my change of employment status. Like I said, I quit my job and am subbing now. Well, I am on the sub list with 3 districts, but I have yet to sub. It's a little frustrating, but I know God will provide. He always has. Anyway, I colored my hair. It's called "Medium Natural Brown". It actually matches my eyebrows! It looks pretty good, I might add!

So, at FPU, we are required to budget our money for the month before we spend it. Well, I have no money and no guaranteed income, so I decided to create 2 budgets. I made on based on my income if I work every possible day during the month, budgeted all of that and it's totally do-able. Then, I budgeted what I ACTUALLY have. Right now, I don't even have enough to pay my portion of the rent, let alone utilities, my phone bill, any of my debtors and my student loans. So, I really am broke. And, I have nothing coming in until the end of November except for the money I make between now and October 10th...which at the rate I'm going, won't be all that much. So, I'm going to have to borrow money from my parents until I get going on my subbing. I am so thankful to have parents who are able and willing to help me through my hard times. Without them, I'd be SOL...and so would my housemates. But, I've been blessed with parents who are able to help me out...and guide me through what to do for the future.

I've decided, through studying at FPU, I'm going to cut up my credit cards. I am going to live debt free. I used to think that having credit cards would give me the freedom I wanted to buy what I wanted when I wanted. And, for a time, it did. But, now I'm sitting under all this debt...which is small compared to some of my peers...and nothing to show for it. I'm also paying for a computer through Dell that I'm unable to use right now (it got dropped and the LCD screen is busted) and I've decided I'm done living in debt. I'm really nervous about beginning to pay off my student loans. But, I think that through the financial system FPU teaches, I'll be just fine. I'm still thinking about consolidating all my loans into 1 loan so I have 1 payment to 1 company at a lower interest rate. We'll see...

Oh, and Moob volunteered herself and me to be involved with the skits at our ladies retreat in a few weeks. We have to come up with an outfit that fits the names we were given. It's the EOBC 2007 Fall Fashion Show. It'll be so much fun! I LOVE acting!

No comments: