Saturday, September 1, 2007

Day Two...of Many

Today was a good day. I returned to work after being off all week. I didn't want to go but am glad I did. I got 3 evaluations today and all of them were great. At work, I got 2 100% scores on my QA's and my one-on-one with my team manager was excellent! He is very pleased with my ptogress and happy to have me on his team. Then, a co-worker sent me an e-card saying I'm doing a great job and keep up the good work. So, even though I still wasn't feeling 100%, I did have a good day.

Tomorrow, I'm going over to help my mom clean her house. I'm much better at cleaning other people's messes than cleaning my own...just ask my family! I notorious for being messy! It's something I've definitely got to work on!

I made the mistake of telling myself that there were only 4 days until school started. Talk about a downer. I'm trying real hard to stay positive about it. That's the hard part. After working so hard to put myself through school, I end up working in a field in which I don't need the education in order to succeed. It doesn't seem right. But, as I've been told, it's all in God's timing. And, again, to keep it positive, I have an interview on Tuesday for an ASL teacher position in Issaquah. We'll see how that goes...

I didn't get the backfill I wanted. Backfill is new shifts that become available when employees leave or promote, etc. I was hoping for a regular shift during the day, thinking that might relieve some of the stress I carry around with me. But, again, like I've been told, God has me in this shift for a reason...

God, I pray for your peace, contentment, joy, grace, wisdom and strength for tomorrow.

2 comments:

La Moob said...

I am glad that you are continuing this journal...I think it will help, I know that my spewing out garbage over on Moob helps me...sometimes, lol. How about we concentrate on getting you adjusted to this schedule? I know that you have your heart set on a teaching position and I completely understand the feelings that are going thru your head-I would be stressed out too-but if God has you in this shift for a reason, then why not make the best of it? How about bringing some order to your "before work" hours-doing some volunteer work, getting back into an exercise routine, writing a book or some other hobby...and also finding the good reasons for being on the later shift, such as: can sleep in a little longer in the mornings, shift diff for working after a certain time, etc...also, what about setting up to transfer out to another department? It's not ASL, but there could be training/management positions open that you, in a short period of time, would qualify for. :)

Alatariel Anwamane said...

I'm glad I'm doing this, too. I'm not stressing out about journaling every day because that would defeat the purpose. So, I'm just going to journal when I need to. Also, I think it's a good idea to start the yoga or some other stress-relieving exercises...something has to give. I do have the interview tomorrow, so, we'll see what happens with that, too.