Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Day Thirty-Three...Subbing Again!

I LOVE MY JOB! I'm subbing in a 4th grade classroom today and tomorrow. It's so much fun! It's quite a challenge keeping track of them all, making sure they're all on task, but I have my "helpers" (snitches!) that tell me when things aren't as they should be!

I also love this job because I get to see how other teachers teach. I definitely have my own way, but utls good to observe other classrooms...something I didn't get to do in Idaho. Specifically, there is a book/cd I want to get called A Writer's Notebook by Ralph Fletcher. It has excerpts on how to use a notebook to capture conversation and situations that happen that may be the "invitation into the piece". What a great idea!

One thing I'm struggling with is making sure I can hear what's going on. If more than 1 person is talking (which ALWAYS happens in a classroom), I find myself really struggling to understand students, even if they are close enough to me. I know my hearing is getting worse, but I wonder if it will get to the point where all I can teach is Deaf Ed. Not that it would be a BAD thing, but it may limit what jobs I can take. We'll see what happens...

No comments: