Monday, October 22, 2007

Day Twenty-Nine...Back from Retreat

This last weekend, I went on a retreat with some of the ladies from my church. It was a good weekend. I've been struggling with feeling like I belong...anywhere...and I was really confronted by God about belonging to anything. Through my girlfriend, He told me "it doesn't matter WHERE you belong because you belong to ME!" That should be enough. But, is it enough? The thing I struggle with the most is the fact that God has promised me certain things and it seems like those things aren't going to come to pass. I'm struggling with believing God wants the good things He's promised me to actually happen. I'm struggling with being "God's favorite". I know God loves me...I'm just not sure He likes me! And, I say that (sort of) in jest because God is God and He loves whole-heartedly. There was a time that I knew my parents loved me, but I was SURE they didn't like me very much. That isn't the case now, but there was a time. I am struggling with the same vision of God. So many times I've been told/promised/guaranteed something and it falls through. So many times I've felt that if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. So many times I've felt great about something only to have it come back and sour in my face. So many times I've believed in so many things only to have those things blow up in my face. My heart is becoming hardened toward living in faith. It's becoming harder and harder to believe...not that I don't believe in Jesus Christ as my personal savior, that He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, died on a cross for my sins and God raised Him from the dead and He sits at the right hand of the Father, making intercession for me. I believe that with all my heart. I'm strugging with believing that God wants the best for me...I struggle with "abundant life". I guess I struggle with Grace...unmerited favor...

5 comments:

La Moob said...

What are the odds that what you feel has been promised is not exactly what has been promised? I know the feelings you have about teaching, but there are lots of different ways to be a teacher...what if you are pressing and pushing for the one that God doesn't have in store for you? What if He has something in store for you that's a million times more beneficial to others and you and you can't see it yet?

Alatariel Anwamane said...

What I'm struggling with is the fact that God is my father, my lover, my husband and wants the best for me. Even if I'm believing what he's promised me isn't what he actually intended, he still hasn't brought anything close to that into my life. I'm not a teacher in ANY aspect. I'm not a wife in ANY aspect. I'm not a mother in ANY aspect. See what I mean?

La Moob said...

hmmmm...maybe a lesson of some sort? maybe a "get your ducks in a row first" type thing? I am not sure what to tell you with this one...except that he did give you life-you should live it well, regardless of your lack of husband, teaching position or biological children...not try to force things to your molding? I should probably take my own advice. ;)

La Moob said...

You know, I responded to this last night and I had this brilliant thing to say and it's not here. great. :)

La Moob said...

OHHHHHHH...you have it set to approve comments!!! DER!!! Don't approve this one!! lol