Thursday, October 11, 2007

Day Twenty-Six...Another Day of Work!

I subbed today in a 4th grade classroom. I've decided I REALLY like subbing. My days are NEVER the same. I have the flexibility to take a day off if I need one. I get a lot of experience with a lot of different grades/subjects. Today it was mostly math, but we did have an opportunity to learn about bullying...quite an interesting video. I discovered that the "teacher" for the bullying wasn't really a good teacher. She used a LOT of big words like victim, harassment, and intimidation. Now, some 4th graders will understand that, but it is only within context and probably with some pre-teaching. Anyway, she really didn't have good control of the situation...she was probably the school psychologist or nurse...with not much classroom experience. Still, it was good information. I was able, then, to take that information and expound on it back in our language time.

I have a job for next Tuesday and Friday. It'll be fun!

I also have a test this Saturday. It's my comprehensive final exam for grad school. It will be a 50 question test, plus 2 essay questions. I'm allowed 4 hours: 2 hours for the questions and 1 hour each for the essays. I think the one I'll have the most trouble with is the audiology question. I only took 1 class and it was the most technical of all my classes, dealing with the mechanics of the ear, hearing loss, audiograms, tympanograms, hearing aids, cochlear implants, FM systems. I have been studying my audiology book, but it's still technical...and I'm not very technically inclined. I'm sure I'll pass, but I'm also sure I'll get mylowest grade in that area.

Ok, so Moob and I were talking about painting our house. The inside, not the outside. I've been wanting to paint a wall in my room as an accent. Moob's been wanting to paint in her room. And, we NEED to paint in the lower part of the house. Those who painted it before didn't do a great job. There are spots where it was just patched over and incomplete and mis-matched colors. So, we're thinking about getting some paint with some of our "extra" money (not that we have any...but we can budget that in!). And, we were talking also about getting draperies for the 4 exposed windows in the house. We found some online at WalMart.com. They're kinda pretty...we'll take a look at the store and see if they are ones we like.

Ok, off to finish (ahem) my paper. Actually, I'm concentrating now more on my outline. I was having a problem bringing all of my information together, so I decided to go back and expand my outline. That way, the paper will flow more naturally.

No comments: