Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Day Twenty-Three...A Day of Finality

I haven't had a bad migraine for the last 2 weeks...since I quit my job. I woke up with one this morning. It was pretty bad. But I ended up not working today (the sub cancelled the job), so I got to take some meds and go sleep it off (like it was a hangover!!! lol!) Anyway, I ended up getting up this morning (and I use that term VERY loosely!) at about 2:45 PM (see!), still with the headache, but it was manageable. So, I got up, got dressed and took my truck around town to get it warmed up so I could have it emission tested. I was praying all the way to the testing facility, "Lord, please let this pass...just pass...that's all I ask." And, it did...duh! God is faithful! It passed with flying colors! YAY! So, off to the DOL I went. And, this was a significant trip for me. I had to transfer my Idaho title and change my Idaho plates in order for my truck to be legal to drive. This was the last tie-down I had to Idaho and all the stuff that happened there. If you don't know what happened, I might talk about it in a future blog, but not now. Just for now, it was a very discouraging, yet very beneficial, experience. Would I change the experience No, because I learned a LOT. Would I want to experience it again? Uhhh....NO! Anyway, This was the last step toward being "home" for good. It was a cathartic experience...changing my Idaho title meant that nothing in Idaho had a hold of anything in my life. Changing my Idaho plates meant I didn't have anything identifying that I was ever in Idaho. I went to my parents' house and took the plates off myself. Very cleansing.

Well, now it's on to homework. Fun...no, not really. I can't wait until it's all over. I have a test to take on October 13th, then I can graduate in December. Then, I have another test to take in November in order to apply for my endorsement through the state. I'll have my degree in December and, I suspect/project, my endorsement by March or so. After my November test, it will take 4-6 weeks to get the results, then 4-6 weeks after that, I should get my endorsement. That's farther away than I wanted, but it'll be OK. It'll put me in the running for any Deaf Ed jobs next year. So, looking at the big picture, it'll be OK.

No comments: