Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Day Sixty-Three...First Day

So, I didn't sleep more than about 3 hours last night in anticipation of today! It was my first day as the full time ASL teacher at Renton High. I was tossing and turning, trying not to think about how excited I was about starting this new adventure in my life. I started thinking of all the interviews I had gone on...all the people I had met...all the jobs I HADN'T gotten. It all made me kind of wonder what God had up his sleeve for me. What was it that I needed to learn by going through all the waiting and waiting for a job? Patience. Confidence. Trust. Faith. Hope. Timing. Dependence. Completely leaning on Him for my well-being. Sure, he used people in my life (thanks mom and dad!), but it was only by His Grace that those people were able to help me. Faithfulness. Unabashed perseverence. Telling doubters (which at times, included myself!) that God had a plan for my life and I wasn't about to stray from that.

Ok...gotta get on the road before traffic hits.

Stay tuned...

No comments: