Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Day Sixty-Two...Permanency

So, beginning tomorrow, I'm in my ASL class full time. I'm conducting the final interviews with my students so I can get to know them as students, as well as their signing styles and levels. It'll be good.

I am a little nervous because they all love their current teacher. I am also a little nervous because there is so much more to teach than when I was in Idaho. And a LOT more expectations. I can't just fake it!

I've made a decision, though. I'm going to have as many Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing people come into my classroom as guest speakers as possible. Many of these students have never met a Deaf person before, so it will be their first experience. I want to give them as much exposure as possible.

But, as nervous as I am, I'm even MORE excited! I have a great job! I just got my benefit card in the mail. As soon as I get my transcripts into the HR office, I'll get more pay. The commute so early in the morning isn't so bad...an hour at most! And I used to commute to Seattle in that time when I worked downtown. So...

KTHNXBY

No comments: