Friday, March 7, 2008

Day Sixty-Eight...Grading is Done!

Now, I just have to enter the grades in the gradebook. YAY, me! But, I'm gonna do that tomorrow.

Reading some of my students' work has shown me some great insight into their lives. One student said his favorite memory was when his family was together and that a lot of his sadness comes from the fact that it's just him, his sister and his dad left. Never knew that. Another student said her favorite memory was going the the bahamas for a family vacation and she was shocked when she didn't see any white people. She felt kinda afraid/weirded out. She's black. Funny how she and I could have had the same reaction to different experiences.

Also, these writings gave me insight into their abilities, past education and potential. First and foremost, I believe EVERY ONE of my kids has the potential to be a great success...in and out of school. They just have to rise above their circumstances and choose to do great things. With that said, it really is a shame that most of these kids will graduate without achieving what they could really achieve. Hmmm...

1 comment:

La Moob said...

Sexy giant bananas and melon milk!