Saturday, April 19, 2008

Day Eighty-Two...Feeling a Little Better

Yesterday, i called the doctor. He put me on some antibiotics and I think they're doing the trick. Last time I had this same illness, he put me on prednizone, which worked VERY well. I was feeling better within 24 hours. This time, however, not so much. In fact, I felt worse. So, like I said before, I didn't go in to work at all this week (from Tuesday on) because I would get winded just walking from the couch to the bathroom. It was awful! Anyway, I've only taken 2 doses of the antibiotics my doctor gave me and I feel better. Still not up to running a marathon, but better. I coughed and coughed a LOT last night which is making me tired today, but overall, I do feel better. I hope I'm better to go back to work on Monday. I'm sure I will be!

And, I want to get back to the Y. I've set a new goal for myself. I want to be under 400 pounds by June 20th...that's the last day of school. I can do it if I lose 2.6 pounds a week. That shouldn't be a problem...especially since Moob and I are committed to going to the Y daily Monday through Friday. They have some very cool classes...one of which we missed last night because I was so sick. It was a hula dance class. Maybe we'll catch it the next time around. Or something just as fun. The cool thing about the Y is their FitLinxx system. You're assigned an ID number that is used with all the machines. It will automatically adjust the weights for you when you enter your ID. No thinking about how much weight should be added...no over-doing things. It's awesome!

So, to achieve my goal, I have to lose an average of 2.6 pounds a week between now and June 20. Moob and I are also going to take pictures of ourselves to help motivate us and spur us on to going to the gym every day. No, those pictures won't be published!

No comments: