Monday, April 21, 2008

Day Eighty-Two...Vewy, Vewy Sick

So, here it is, nearly 2 am and I'm laying in bed hacking up both my lungs. I've been sick for 5 days. Last Tuesday, I went to the doctor at the walk-in clinic by my house. Can I just say how much I like Dr. Todd? He is such a nice man. If he weren't married...

I digress...

Anyway, I have an upper respiratory infection that has hit me like a ton of bricks. Like I said before, I started out on prednizone, which worked GREAT before. My doc said if I didn't feel better by Friday, I could call for antibiotics...which I did. I stopped taking the prednizone after assuming that's what I was supposed to do. Well, you know what happens when I assume? I make an a$$ out of myself! Heh! So, although my runny nose and fever and body aches went away when I started the antibiotics, my cough, runny nose and headache got worse. So, I called the clinic today and the nurse said I was supposed to be taking both meds. Silly me...

So, I took my next dose of the prednizone AND the antibiotic today. I was hoping to be better by Monday (today) to go to work and back on schedule with the Y, but that's not going to happen. I can't walk from the kitchen table to the bathroom or my chair without getting winded and coughing so hard I pee and nearly pass out from the pressure in my head. I'm going back to the clinic when I wake up so I can get some different cough syrup (the one Dr. Todd gave me isn't really working much) and a note for work.

One funny thing about this is that when I cough, I inhale more than I exhale, so I have the burps all the time :-D

I hope I feel better soon.

6 comments:

La Moob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
La Moob said...

Well...Dr. Todd may be all that, but I bet he's no Dr. McDreamy! ;)

La Moob said...

Huh, funny thing...I thought I was screwing up on here and thus have posted the SAME comment TWICE.

Hmm.

Alatariel Anwamane said...

Nah...I just decided to moderate the comments left. I had a not-so-nice one left a week or so ago, so...

And, no, he's no Dr. McDreamy, but he is SO nice, a great bedside manner, and he's not bad looking at all.

Heh...

bloggingforbootcamp said...

Here is the blog info if you want to log on and write your own entry:

Blogger.com
username [email]: blogforbootcamp[at]yahoo.com
password: postsecret

Feel free to add if you want to at all. :] Have fun with it!! Thank you for wanting to contribute! If you want me to tag your blog on the site, just email me at dandylionsunscorch[at]hotmail.com and let me know! Hope you're having a great day! :]

-Kayla

La Moob said...

Hmm...headache...stuffyish nose...slight rumbling from the chest area when breathing...I think I got your crud. I am just waiting to see if the DayQuil doesn't kill it today, then off to the clinic tomorrow. :( Well...at least your mother taught you to share heheheh...