Sunday, April 13, 2008

Day Seventy-Eight...The End!

Ok, it's just the end of Spring Break, but it DEFINITELY wasn't long enough! LOL! I'm heading back to school tomorrow for a week of WASL testing. Fortunately, that means I'll have shorter classes, except tomorrow. Tomorrow is a regular day, so 50 minute classes. It's not too bad...

So, that means that I have 49 school days left until the end of the year. That means I have 49 days to plan for my students. That means I have 49 days I have to deal with my students really not wanting to be there. I have 49 days to make my bosses happy with me so they don't hire someone else in my place.

Oh, also, it was a sad day on Saturday. My mom's dog, Claire, lived to be 18 years old. She passed away on Saturday morning. Actually, because she was so sick and old, mom and dad decided to put her to sleep. She had such bad arthritis, she was having accidents in the house because she couldn't get up and get to the door fast enough, she was blind and deaf, had no teeth, wasn't eating much. It was just time. My mom held her as she went down. It was bittersweet for her.

So...that's pretty much where I am right now. Not in a BAD place, not in an AMAZINGLY HAPPY place, but I'm a'ight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo sorry to hear about Claire!!! Hope everything else is going good for you guys though - I really miss everyone.

~ Anna