Monday, April 14, 2008

Day Seventy-Nine...Chili

So, today I tried a new recipe: Cincinatti-Style Turkey Chili. It was pretty darn good, if I do say so myself. It had sauted onion, garlic powder, ground turkey, chili powder, corriander, cumin, cinnamon (yes, you read that correctly, I DID say cinnamon!), tomato paste, chicken broth, red kidney beans and pasta. The recipe called for spaghetti noodles broken down into 2 inch pieces, but I found these cute little wagon-wheel shaped noodles at WinCo (which, by the way, has become my favorite store. I shopped there while living in Idaho and didn't like the atmosphere much...too many crazies! But here...well, Marysville...isn't too bad. Still a lot of people, but it's a bigger store so less crazies per square foot! Lol!), so I decided to get those instead. I made it with corn bread muffins and it was very tasty! And filling! I usually have 2 bowls of regar chili, but I only ate one of this.

And the family (except Milyra) really liked it. At least she tried it!

Then we had ice cream and peanut butter cookies for dessert. The perfect end to the perfect day!

I'm supposed to be sleeping right now, but I'm waiting for some of my food to digest. I'm laying down and feeling like I'm floating! I drank too much water right after dinner! Heh!

No comments: