Monday, September 15, 2008

Interesting Assessment

So, I got to the college at which I'm planning to take courses for my
Deaf Studies degree today. I was told last week that I could bring
unofficial copies in just to prove I had taken English and had some of
the math credits I need. Well, that information was wrong. So, the
gentleman at the admissions office told me that I could take the
placement test and save time. Ok, so, I did that. Here were my
results.

~ Math: score 44. Recommendation - Placement in Math 084: Elementary
Algebra

That was expected.

~ Writing: score 87. Recommendation - Placement in English 101.

Ok, not as good as I'd hoped, but, still...

~ Reading: score 78. Recommendation - Your scores indicate that you may
be reading at a pre-college level. English 095, Reading Improvement, is
recommended.

. . .

. . .

. . .

What? How can I have my master's degree and be reading below college
level?

Der!

No comments: