Saturday, September 8, 2007

Day Eight...Change of Plans

So, Moob, Millyra and Olorin all went to Olympia to hang with some friends. So, I am here at the house all by myself. I SO LOVE being with my family, but sometimes it's nice to have a break. I have both dogs who are passed out on the couch and the entire house to myself. I have to clean today, but the "girls day" with Millyra is postponed for another time...and that's OK. She needs to see her family from where she used to live. I've texted Delebririth so hopefully she can come over and we can hang, too. We'll see!

So...I'm off to start cleaning...after I get something to eat. I'm hungry!

Afternoon Break:

I found a quote on the desk as I was cleaning and it really spoke to me. It says:

"You have a simple choice to make. You can either take a chance and try to make your dreams come true or you can retreat back into the hidden depth of your own inner worlds. Retreating, however, will not bring you the safety you desire. You will gain some security as you develop confidence in your abillity to withstand change, not to avoid it."

I don't know where it came from, but it looks like it's in Moob's handwriting. I'll ask her about it when she gets home. But, anyway, it spoke to me. It says there is no try...there is do or do not. So, either get off my duff and do something, or don't. I can't avoid change...I can embrace it and flow with it. I can roll with the punches that God is bringing my way, or allowing to come my way, and find joy in knowing that I'm ok in God's eyes. I'm Undamaged and In Tact...because of Him. Hmmm...

1 comment:

La Moob said...

I don't know where I read it, it's on my blog, it's a quote that I have saved for several years. I am glad you liked it as I do.