Friday, September 7, 2007

Day Seven...A Trip to the Doc

So, I took a trip to the walk-in clinic doctor the other day. I had a migraine so bad, I had to get something powerful to knock it out. He gave me 2 shots in the butt to knock it out...the mostest funnest time I've EVER had with my pants down! Anyway...that doctor got me an appointment with a regular doctor. And, I had that today. I really liked this doctor. She was very nice. I wanted to ask her about all kinds of things, but specifically about my migraines and why I'm so tired all the time. She told me that I need to reduce my weight and de-stress my life. Check...at least on the de-stressing part. I'm blogging and letting things roll off my back a little better than before. I'm trying to not stress out about not being a teacher. Well, about beging a teacher without a classroom. It hurts me a LOT...I want to be a teacher more than most things in the world. I've worked so hard and for so long...it doesn't seem fair for me to have to wait so long to get a good teaching job. I think that part of the stress I'm feeling I brought on myself...When I started working for the call center, I knew it was only temporary...basically until the end of August when I KNEW I was going to start teaching...and just long enough for Moob to get her referral bonus. Then, I'd quit, go into my new classroom, set it up like I wanted, decorating the walls, putting up my ABC pictures, putting out my books in my library, sharpening the pencils for my teacher desk. Well, school started this week and I'm still not in the classroom. I've had a few interviews, but those principals have wanted people with "just a little more experience" than I have. What I want to know is how does someone gain experience if people won't hire someone without much experience? Someone had to take a chance on those experienced teachers back when they were new teachers. I need to find that job. I need to find that principal. I need to find that program, but I can't seem to land it.

(I just found out that the woman who does the voice for Lois Griffin is the same soman who played Ms. Swan on MadTV...funny)

Anyway, I talked with my counselors today and I'm working through some of the disappointment of not having a teaching job. I'm also working through some other issues...like forgiveness with my cousin and grandfather. My outlook on life and my relationships with them have changed a lot in the last few weeks. I'll blog more about those at another time.

Then the doctor gave me some medications: 1 for preventing migraines (a blood pressure medication to reduce the constriction in the blood vessels in my head) and 1 for treating them when they occur. So, that's the new concoction I'm on.

Well, it's off to bed for me right now. I've got a girl's day planned with Millyra...we're going to do a LOT of things...watch movies, create a skit, dress up, and then cook dinner for Moob, Olorin, and Delebririth as a celebration of the first week of school.

No comments: