Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Day Four...Decision-Making

So, today I got to be auntie to Millyra and go with her to meet her teacher, Mr. Yummy Tupley. Ok, so I really didn't intend to go man-hunting, but it just happened. He's a very nice man...Millyra likes him, so, he's GOT to be nice! Ok, here's the story. Moob works during the day...as most people do. So, Millyra asked me if I could go with her to meet her teacher. Of course, I said yes. We got to her classroom and met her teacher. He seems very excited to begin the new school year,which as a teacher myself, I TOTALLY understand. I asked him a few things that I knew Moob would want to know...like if he was married about homework, class expectations, if he liked big girls etc. Just as I was about to tell him I was a teacher, too, Millyra blurts out, "Oh, yeah, and by the way, she's a substitute teacher...in this district...so if you need her, you can call!" I JUST ABOUT jumped up and down, screaming like a school girl and kissed her DIED! I thought, great...now he's gonna think I came here just to network and promote myself...which was a secondary reason but if I didn't get the chance, that was ok. I was there for Millyra and to make her feel comfortable about beginning a new year with a new teacher. After I finished screaming inside blushing, I gazed into his eyes, knowing I was falling head-over-heelslooked up and he was excited about learning I was a sub. He asked if he could write my name down to keep close to his heart for his reference and pass it on to everyone else because he "works a lot with the district in arranging for substitutes". So, I made a connection this morning which may play to my advantage for work!

Also, I had an interview today with the Issaquah school district. It's for a full time ASL position at Issaquah High School. I would be replacing the current ASL teacher when she goes on maternity leave. I would be her on-call sub if she needed it, and be ready at a moments notice to begin my full time employment should she need to take leave early...which is a possibility. She's had complications in 4 of her pregnancies...and had 9 alltogether. So, there's a strong possibility that I'd be working before she planned to take leave, on November 30.

I've also been thinking a LOT about restructuring my life to include a routine of exercise. I watched The Biggest Loser tonight and feel very much inspired to do something about my weight. I'm big. I need to be a LOT smaller. If I don't do anything now, I'm never going to do anything ever. I need to change the way I live my life. I need to make taking care of my body part of my daily routine. I need to care enough about my future husband and children to take care of me now. I need to know that God gave me this body to use and I need to respect Him by maintaining it the way it should be maintained. So, beginning tomorrow, I'm going to get up a little early and either take the dogs for a walk around the block (or down the street...depending on my knee) or do some aerobics in the house. I have a DVD to which I can work out inside, where no one can see me (except Olorin, the Ruler...and the dogs...but they won't care!) Then, I can shower and head to work knowing I've done something positive for myself. And, I believe that if I begin to work positively on myself, positive things will begin to happen. I don't believe in "name it and claim it" kind of work or "thinking myself thin" because it takes work. What I do believe is that if I make a goal, work hard and do my best, God will reward me with good things. And it's about time I do something about it. I've been overweight since I was 11 years old...I've never seen myself as a woman at a normal weight. I'd like to do that someday. I'll probably start with some aerobics in the house...it's a little safer than walking with the dogs. I'll work up to that.

All in all, I think today was a good day...contemplative, thought-provoking, fun. I want more like this.

1 comment:

La Moob said...

Don't take both at once. I tried that once and they nearly killed me. They don't EVER want to go in the same direction. ;) Also, I heard on the radio last night that if you just include 2 mins extra into a routine every day until you have worked up to an hour a day, that helps, you ramp up and don't shock your body. ALSO, Mr. Yummy? (lol, very nice!)...I wish you worked days so we could go work out after work again.