Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Day Thirteen...I'm Flat Out Exhausted

It's 1:00 am and I'm just getting home. I had this lady on the phone with me for nearly 2 hours arguing that she never authorized her kid to access the internet on his PDA and he must have done it on accident. Right, over 41,000 kb of "accidental download"? C'mon, lady! Give it up! I told her they were legit charges and that she prolly needs to restrict her kid from the phone if he's not going to behave with it. She said "I had no idea this was possible...I've been paying for accidental internet access for years." Uhhh...yeah, did you just hear what you said? You had no idea you all could access internet, but you've been paying for the accidental charges (which, by the way, say Internet Express RIGHT ON THE BILL!) for years. You just admitted to paying for charges you never new could happen! DER! We went round and round...OMG...sometimes people can be so pig-headed, not wanting to own up to their own errors. Then when they try to excuse their way out of it, they end up talking themselves into a corner. And, I'm pretty smart...I catch onto those things! So, she DEMANDED that I go back and refund all of the accidental internet access charges she's been paying for. I told her I could go back to March. However, I went back an entire year, to August of 2006. The amount I should have credited? $66.98! I came back on the line and told her that over the last 13 months, she's been paying for internet access for 3 phone lines totalling $66.98. I would definitely waive those fees. But the current charges stick...they were done on purpose. Her kid had over $415 in internet charges. My $66.98 was a drop in the bucket compared...However, because I was feeling gracious, I told her I would even double the previous charges, so I would waive $133.96, plus all the picture/video messages they were charged for over the last 13 months. Ping...another drop in the bucket. I didn't budge, though. I thought, c'mon...you're just freaking out because your kid did something he wasn't supposed to and now YOU get stuck with the bill. WHATEVER! "Well, I wasn't told...blah...blah...blah" I didn't have much sympathy. Usually, I'm pretty giving, but not tonight.

On a more positive (sorta) note, I got a call from the Shoreline School District. They wanted me as a sub tomorrow (that's the "positive" part). I had to turn them down 'cuz I get to work for "the man" (that's the "kinda" part). But, it's all going into my spreadsheet so I can (hopefully soon) quit this job and substitute full time until I get something permanent. I've started having a different outlook on my job since my college friend reminded me that I always have a choice. There are several opportunities online for me to apply for different jobs. I have to email my resume to most of them, but it's a start.

And, there's a full time teaching position at the middle school right behind my house! I could walk to work every day! Cool!

1 comment:

La Moob said...

I never give them anything for that kind of stuff. You gave the phone to your child, you had plenty of opp to see the charges at the beginning, had it never happened before, we will refund 50% IF you changed to an unlimited feature today. Otherwise-no. I would have escalated her behind right on up the food chain, lol. People suck, said it before, saying it again, PEOPLE SUCK!!! I hope you work right behind the house, then you can find out who the little miscreants are who keep bugging the dogs and get them! Muah haa haa!