Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Day Fifty-Two...Contemplations

So, for applying for my Doctoral Degree, I have to come up with a goal statement. I've been thinking about what my goals are. I honestly haven't thought about them past teaching. I want a job in a classroom, specifically teaching ASL or Deaf Ed. But, beyond that? Do I want to go beyond that? Would I like to eventually teach at the college/university level? Would I find fulfillment in that? Would I like to obtain a position of leadership at a school district? I could become a DHH Program Manager. That would be interesting. Would I find fulfillment in that? More importantly, is that where God wants me? I don't know. I've always thought my education would stop after my Masters degree. Now, I'm thinking I want to go farther, but what would I DO with that degree?

Here's where prayer and fasting comes into play...hearing God's voice amongst the busyness of life.

1 comment:

La Moob said...

No wonder you've seemed so pensive lately...