Sunday, December 16, 2007

Day Fifty...A Job For Alatariel

I had an interview with the Renton school district yesterday for a full time ASL position starting in January. It went very well...as most of my interviews do. The interview team asked the typical questions...tell us about your background...what qualifies you for this position...how do you handle discipline issues, etc. And, I answered them to the best of my ability. But, this interview felt a little different. First, felt very comfortable. Usually, my hands are sweating, my pulse is racing, I'm stumbling all over my words. This time, I didn't. It felt like I was just chatting with friends about who I am as a teeacher and my passions. A few times they said things that I wasn't really expecting like, "we can show you the facility if you'd like" and you'll be replacing a very organized teacher" and "when you start in January..." and, at first those things didn't seem significant to me, so I filed them in the back of my mind. At the end, they gave me a chance to ask my own questions. I asked how many people were in the applicant pool. The CTE director said that was a two-answer question. He said there were a lot of applicants, but I was the one they were interested in interviewing. My (internal) jaw dropped and I nearly peed my
pants...ok, not really, but I felt like jumping out of my seat! So...it sounds like if my references check out, the job is mine! And, it's only for this school year because it's how the contract system works, then they have to post it, but if I like them and they like me, that is just a formality and they'll turn it into a continuing contract!

So, it seems VERY promising! If you think about it this weekend and the first part of next week, please pray I get this job. It'll be a commute, but, it'll be a full time job, paid through the summer. Also, this program also fully, 100% supports the development of the ASL program, including...ahhhhh.....prospective trips to Washington DC to Gallaudet! Yay! So, in all, it seems like the best job for me right now!

I'll keep you all posted!

1 comment:

Sarah Anne said...

SO excited!!! Definitely praying... keep us posted!