Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Day Fifty-Eight...Started Work

So, I was scheduled to start work yesterday, but I only had a half-day so they cancelled me. I took 1 sick day to make up the pay. T'was ok because I didn't sleep much the night before, so...

And, today, I subbed at an elementary school...4th and 5th grade...2 teachers...one in the morning and one in the afternoon. It was fun...but, I woke up this morning with a headache. I'm not sure what brought it on, but the enemy sure used it! I struggled and struggled with getting up and out of bed this morning. I ended up not showering because I wanted to sleep more to make the meds take effect and the headache to go away. I took 2 Excedrine Migraines at about 5:30 and slept for another 30 minutes. Took another one at 6:30 when I left. Ended up going in...felt "ok" until about 10:00 this morning when the regular headache turned into a full-blown migraine. If you've ever had them, you know they can be debilitating. This one nearly knocked me on my butt! Literally! During one of the "down" times I had, I went into the bathroom and tried to convince myself to throw up so I'd feel better...to no avail. I felt like I needed to, but I couldn't get myself to do it. No gag reflection (ty becca!).

So, I went into the nurse's office during lunch because it was the only dark, quiet room on the campus. I ate, then rested for about 20 minutes in her chair. I still didn't feel better...in fact, it was worse when I came out because the school is full of flourescent lights...yay! So, I went to my next class and turned all but 1 light off. The kids coulds till see and read just fine, but it was more ambient/incandescent light than the flourescent which was much easier on my eyes.

The kids left my class at 2:30 and the vice principal (bless her, many times!) said I could go. Normally, I'd stay 30 minutes past the time students are let out, but she knew I was sick and said I could go. So, I did. I got out. Drove to the gas station, took two more Excedrine Migraines with my hot chocolate (hoping the caffeine would do the trick). As soon as I got onto the freeway, my headache disappeared! Literally, 10 minutes after I left work, my headache was gone. And, I don't think it was because of the drugs. I think it was the enemy not wanting me to go into work today. I think he was trying to get me to fall back into my old habits of "it's too hard/painful/inconvenient...I think I'll go back to sleep." Well, with starting a new job, and a new year, and having a new outlook, I didn't succumb to that. I went and God sustained me. He is awesome!

K...thanks...bye!

No comments: