Friday, January 11, 2008

Day Fifty-Nine...A Sick Day

So, today, I woke up with the slightest twinge of a migraine again. I took a pill and within about 30 minutes I was dizzy, nauseus and felt like staying home. Well, I didn't really want to succumb to another attach from the enemy, so I decided to go to work anyway and work through it. It was a late start and early dismissal...5 hours of work...so, I figured I could manage. Well, I got in my truck and drove just past Kirkland and had to pull over because my eyes wouldn't focus, I was hot and muggy, and didn't feel safe driving any more. So, I pulled over to the shoulder (thank GOD it was a wide shoulder), called my boss and let her know I wouldn't make it in today. And, just as I hung up, I felt like I was going to hurl. So, I did...on the side of the road. Nice. I sat there for about 10 more minutes before I felt well enough to drive home. I got home and went right to bed. Something completely knocked me out...either the migraine or the meds...or both...but I slept for another 4 hours. Fortunately, when I woke up, I felt a LOT better. Still a little dizzy...well, not dizzy, but you know how you feel when you're woken up but not yet finished sleeping? That's kinda what I feel like. Like I'm swimming under water...everything kinda in slow motion...but, not sick. Know what I mean?

And, I found out that someone had gotten into my Grandma bag...the Christmas present I got from my Grandma had food in it...caramel corn, pretzels dipped in chocolate, etc. The caramel corn and 1/2 the pretzels are gone...and I didn't eat them. I only ate the chex mix. Kinda ticked me off...but, then again, I do live with 4 other people who may have mistaken it for theirs...or just not checked that it was my name on the bag. No big deal...

K...gonna find something to eat...other than caramel corn and chocolate pretzels!

2 comments:

La Moob said...

YOU ate the pretzels silly!! The night that we were all snacking on the stuff in our bags. I distinctly remember you saying something about not wanting anymore right then, too. I ate half of the caramel corn, but like I said earlier today, I thought you'd said you didn't like it...didn't realize that you do like the homemade stuff. Sorry again.

Alatariel Anwamane said...

No worries...I had forgotten that I ate the pretzels! lol!