Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Day Sixty...Contemplations

So, I put new "random thoughts" on my myspace profile. One of my 'thoughts' was that I was disillusioned by some people and it was making me rethink some of the relationships I have in my life. Now, because Moob is reading this, I'm going to take some time and say, "Moob, we're ok!"

With that, though, I'm really rethinking the relationship I have with two specific people in my life. They've been in my life...and I mean as an influence in my life...since I was about 6 or so. We've gone to the same church since that time. One person has always been a quiet, strong influence. He's always been close to me and my family. He has been articulate, fair, compassionate. The other...wow...she's been my spiritual mentor forever. She was the one who was there when I was baptized in the Holy Spirit. She sang over me when I was young. I have wanted to emulate her. She's had dreams about me that God has given her for me and I've been changed by those things. However, recently, they've shown a very different side to their personalities. As I had said in a previous blog, some things happend around Christmas that really took me back. In explanation, I've had a VERY different view about how family is defined. Family is those who you choose to be with, who you choose to love and who you choose to hold dear to your heart. Family does not necessarily include blood relatives. In my life, rarely does it include blood relatives: mom, dad, brother, grandma and one cousin are probably about it...out of about 40 immediate relatives. However, I have one of the biggest, closest families I could ever want. It includes the people I'm living with...my best friend and her daughter and mom...another roommate...a friend in Tumwater...friends in Edmonds...new friends who live at my parents' house.

So, back to Christmas. I have spent Christmas with my "family" for the last 2 years, not really wanting to hang out with my relatives 'cuz they're all kooks...some more certifiable than others, if you catch my drift. So, Christmas was at my mom's house last year. My roomie, daughter, mom and daughter's father came were there, too. It was...to say the least...uncomfortable. So, this year, it was assumed that we come as a package deal...I knew I was going to spend Christmas with them...

brb

k...back for a moment...


So, where was I? Oh, right...Christmas. So, we were supposed to spend Christmas with a certain group of people who have been very open to having people outside the immediate family in their home, not leaving them out, wanting to show the love of Christ to as many as possible. Right. So, when my mom went up to this person, she let her know we'd have some "extras" with us, but we'd be there. The woman of the house said, "oh, ok. Well, bring such and such for everyone." A few minutes later, she came back to my mom and said, "Well, the reason I hesitated was because I'm not sure certain people will be comfortable having others around, but I'll talk to [insert husband's name here] and let you know."

Huh?

Ok, so we waited for further information...and waited...and waited. Christmas Eve came and we heard nothing, so, we went elsewhere...and had a BLAST!

So, we get a text from someone at the other party: "Why didn't you all come?" Uh...'cuz your mom uninvited me and my family from your house for Christmas Eve. I told her because we didn't hear back from anyone as to their acceptance or rejection of those who were with me. She said her mom sent an email.

Well...that wasn't true.

In fact, it was her dad that sent the email. Her dad actually sent a very condescending, holier-than-thou email to my mom stating that my "roomies" weren't welcome, but 'if you feel you need to bring extras' so be it. I won't go into details about the rest of it because it was just...so...mean, hateful, not Christ-like at all. It was hurtful to my mom, too. And, that, I think was the thing that bothered me the most.

UGH! I can't believe the nerve of this dude. To tell everyone that they're Christians, then to act like this...well, the Jesus I know hung out with prostitutes, tax collectors and heathens...Gentiles, even! That attitude...an excuding attitude...is the FARTHEST thing from Christ-like as one can get. Christ would have said, "bring 'em in! We'll have fun!"

Then, in a different vein, some other things have happened that I can't go into detail because they aren't common knowledge. I'm just...frustrated with people saying one thing and doing something completely contradictory. ARGH!

K...I'm going to go to bed now. G'nite.

2 comments:

La Moob said...

It was...difficult, sitting in church the Sunday before last, trying to worship as he led the music...sorry they are being so pissy about us beaners!

Alatariel Anwamane said...

I don't think it's just about the beaners. I mean, "H" has an addiction and I can understand not wanting to allow that influence into his home, but...still, Jesus spent his time with prostitutes, tax collectors, demon-possessed...all in an effort to minister to them and show them the love of the Father. THAT'S what irritates me more than anything...and, if he don't like you beaners, he don't like me beaner! hee hee!