Sunday, January 20, 2008

Day Sixty-One...New Beginnings

I talked with Moob and we agreed that it's difficult to sit under pastors and worship leaders that are so hypocritcal and phony. So, today we tried a new church. It was a good church...they had an Interpreter...something I didn't know before! YAY! I have no idea if she was interpreting for someone, but it was nice to have. The worship was good...the message was good. The only drawback was that no one greeted us. Well, I can't say 'no one'. The pastor's wife came up to us as we were leaving. She didn't really introduce herself. She didn't ask us our names or if we were new. It was a smaller church, so she would know if someone new came in. But, at least she came up and spoke with us. The pastor disappeared after service, but...he was a good speaker. His message was about getting up in the morning and asking yourself and God who can I bless today? How can I make someone's day better. Overall, it was a good experience.

And, the difference between this time and the last time I left my childhood church is this time I didn't feel like I was betraying them. I felt like I was OK. I prayed about this last night for a long time. I felt peaceful about going. Now, all I have to do it tell my parents about it. ARGH!

2 comments:

La Moob said...

Would it help for everyone to sit down (without Hector, please, don't need his two cents on this, lol) and talk it out? Just to make sure that everyone is on the same page?

Alatariel Anwamane said...

I don't think so. I need to make a decision, and not based on how my parents feel about it. I need to follow what I feel God is allowing me to do.